Angola is a beautiful southern African country that is safe and welcoming. The natural environment, i.e. waterfalls, rivers, and the coastline, attracts tourists. However, to visit the country, you must have a Visa.
Read on to find out how to apply for the Angola Visa.
|Requirement type||Mandatory for foreign nationals|
|Purpose of travel||Tourism (leisure), visiting family and friends, business|
|Validity period||Allows stay of 30 days
Valid for not more than 60 days
|Entry or exit||Single or multiple entries, depending on the type of visa.|
|Processing time||Within the next few businesses days|
|Cost||100.78 Euros on arrival|
|Method of payment||Credit card or PayPal|
What is Angola Visa?
The Angola e-Visa is an electronic document introduced by the Migration and Foreigners Service of Angola. All travellers must enter Angola with a visa. First, apply for a pre-visa online, after which, get their visa on arrival.
The e-Visa system is fast, easy and convenient. The applicant pays for their application online and may print out an approval receipt to show immigration officials on arrival.
You will need to submit a copy of your passport and recent photograph during your application. The Angola e-visa is mandatory for travellers who arrive at the seven selected airports:
Types of Angola Visa
- Short-term Angolan Visas
All foreigners traveling to Angola for tourism, business, or medical reasons require a short-term visa, which is valid for either 7 or 30 days. The visa excludes the permission to engage in profitable activity by foreigners.
- The Ordinary Visa
Foreigners arriving in Angola get a 30-day visa, although they can get an extension for another month if need be. Traveling outside of Luanda is not allowed because of the danger posed by landmines scattered throughout the countryside.
- The Brief Duration Visa
This visa is for emergencies or urgent family situations. Foreigner with a current work visa about to expire and urgently needs to renew or collect it can have this kind of visa. Certainly, you cannot get a job while on the visa. Also, you cannot get the country’s permanent residence.
- Long-term Angola Visas
If you plan to be around in Angola for a long time as a foreigner, you need to apply for a relevant long-term visa.
- The Work Visa
A foreigner with this visa can get employment in an Angolan company regardless of the duration of their contract. This visa is extendable twice a year and the holder can tag along with their spouse and children.
- The Student Visa
This is a temporary visitor visa issued to foreigners wanting to participate in a learning institution in Angola. It’s extendable for one year each time until the course ends. The visa allows students to study from primary school to a university and an internship. Thus, students get several entries into the country but are not assured of work or establish a permanent residence in Angola.
- Residence Visa
Non-residents who achieve full residents’ status can stay in Angola using this visa for another 120 days, until their application goes through. This visa allows you to do business and cross the border freely, while undergoes processing.
Requirements For the Angola Visa
To get an Angola e-Visa, applicants must bear a passport issued by an eligible country. The general requirements for the Angola Visa are:
- A scanned passport with one-year validity.
- At least two blank pages on the passport.
- A recent passport photo taken on a bright background.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of flight reservations with an onward or return ticket.
- An international Yellow Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate of Health.
- Proof of funds like a bank statement.
- Police Clearance showing criminal record.
If you need an Angolan visa to visit family and friends, you may also need;
- An invitation letter from an Angolan resident notarised (in Portuguese) to the consulate. Where the applicant submits their application. The letter indicates the duration of stay and notarises the guarantee of sponsorship (for companies).
For a Brief Duration Visa, you may also need:
- A letter explaining the reason for an urgent arrival.
- Specify your period of stay.
- If invited by a resident or company, send a notarised invitation letter to the consulate.
- A copy of the resident’s national identification card or work pass (for non-residents).
For a work visa, the employer initiates the Visa application. An applicant also needs;
- An invitation letter from the potential employer.
- Provide a police clearance of criminal record (translate to Portuguese).
- A copy of the employment contract and cover letter.
- Certificates proving your qualifications.
A student visa also requires you to need;
- A letter showing you can join an Angolan institute as an intern.
- A copy of the criminal record.
- A medical certificate from an accredited health institution.
- To demonstrate commitment to obey Angolan laws.
Who Needs an Angola Visa?
All travelers planning to enter Angola must be in possession of a visa. Those below 18 who are traveling alone must have a visa. Transit travelers passing through Angola to third countries can remain in and or pass through the country without obtaining a visa. However, they must use the same or next departing plane as long as they do not leave the airport.
How Long Does the Angola Visa Last?
The Angola e-visa is valid for 60 days from the date of issue and allows a stay of 30 days. The validity period may be extendable depending on the type of visa.
How Long Does It Take to Get an Angola Visa?
Your Angolan e-visa takes a few business days after a successful online application. It can take as few as two days to complete, but the time is not guaranteed.
How Much Does the Kenya Visa Cost?
Your application for the Angola e-visa costs £100.78 per person on arrival. However, this is not the only cost you incur. First, you apply for a pre-visa before boarding a plane, which involves a different cost.
The cost of an Angola pre-Visa is flexible. These charges are payable during the application process. Therefore, it varies with the speed of processing as follows:
- Standard processing – the e-Visa is ready within 6 Business Days, and you pay £25.20.
- Rush processing – processed within 4 Business Days at a fee is £50.41.
- Super Rush processing – application processing takes place within 2 Business Days. The cost is £75.62.
You can pay using a credit card, debit card, and PayPal, whichever means is best convenient for you.
- The Angola e-visa application requires several documents attached. Gather these documents as PDF or MS Word files for easy upload and presentation.
- The e-Visa does not permit a foreigner to live or work in Angola. To get permission to relocate the country, foreigners should contact the Angola embassy.
- The Angolan government has instituted mandatory quarantine for anyone entering the country. Additionally, travellers who test negative before boarding a flight to Angola may quarantine in their homes.
- Passengers connecting via Frankfurt must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test. The test time is no more than 48 hours before arrival in Germany.
- Once tested at domestic airports, your rapid COVID-19 test will allow you to travel around the country for up to 7 days, but you have to present the test documentation at all provincial borders.
Get Your Angola Visa Today
Angola offers a pure and authentic experience for tourists. Are you planning a holiday trip to Angola? Apply for an e-visa today through Migration and Foreigners Service network. The visa application takes only a few minutes to complete. Start here!