Are you going to Australia for your business or just for vacation? Regardless of your motive, you will require an Australian visa and a checklist before you go.
Australia is a remarkable country in the Australian continent and is the sixth-largest country globally. It has incredible scenery, including mountain ranges and rain forest. The Australian beauty, history and culture will inspire and motivate you.
The Australian economy is doing very well, and it emerges to be number twelve globally. In addition, its top-notch health, education and economic freedom are worth experiencing. If you want to visit Australia, get a valid visa.
Below is a guide on how to get one and more information about the Australian Visa.
Brief Description of the Australian Visa
Australian Visa is a document that permits you as a non-citizen to get into Australia. You can apply for tourism and work at your country’s Australian embassy, or you can use it on the Internet. After acquiring one, you will have access to the country for a specific period.
Vital Documents for Applying For the Australian Visa
- Your visa application form must be complete, including relevant signatures
- A genuine passport must be valid for more than six months from the dates you want to departure. It must also have two blank pages of the Visa
- You need two-quality passport photographs
- Evidence of enough funds is necessary. So, you must include your original bank statement or a slip of your pension. If you are in self-employment, you must provide your enterprise registration certificate. The statement must show your full name as the account holder and the current balance.
- Proof of your property ownership is another critical document
- If you are visiting a friend, you must show an invitation letter that clearly indicates details of the visit, including your host, reason and duration of your visit.
- A police certificate is another critical document that proves that have no recorded history of bad character. It is a measure of your fulfilment in character requirements, which is set by the Immigration Office of Australia.
- Your latest health tests
- An Itinerary with your official names
- Evidence of accommodation (if you don’t have a host) stating your hotel reservations during the trip is essential. Also, include your full names on the reservation document.
- Your family member’s documents, including birth, marriage certificates and dependency documents
How to Apply For the Australian Visa
It is easy to apply for an Australian Visa on the Internet. Follow the few steps below:
- Fill in the Australian application form keenly and avoid making any mistakes. To be sure, examine the document and correct any errors if there is any.
- Pay for your Australian Visa using your credit or debit card. If you are heading there for business purposes, use the e-Visitor Visa for £14.95. You will not pay the transaction fee, and your bank won’t charge you for the exchange rate.
- Wait for the approval of your application, which takes not more than five days. If it is an urgent visit, support takes around one hour. Upon approval by the immigration service, you will receive an email and text message.
- Print your Australian Visa following the instructions given. Keep them with you during your travel to Australia. Alternatively, you can save the Visa digitally in PDF format on your phone and show it evidence at passport control.
The Validity of Your Australian Visa
Your Australian Visa is valid for twelve months, and you can use it to for multiple trips around the country before it expires. The validity period of the visa commences soon after receiving your Visa. However, certain situations can result in the early expiry of your Australian Visa validity, including:
- When your passport is not valid
- When you get tuberculosis infections
- When you have a prison sentence
- When you have a debt for the Australian government
- When you want to work, a work visa is a requirement
The Australian ETA
The ETA is an automatic authorization from the Australian government to get into Australia. To qualify for one, you must have a passport, and you should be coming from the acceptable countries by Australia.
With ETA at your disposal, you will legally visit Australia for up to three months for your tourism and recreation activities. Its total cost is $ 64.95. Note that it doesn’t allow you to have a prolonged stay in the country. So, if you want to stay longer, consider having an alternative visa that fits fulfills your intended reason for extending your stay.
The ETA and passport number in the application is operative, and you can utilize the identical passport on a trip to Australia. Upon obtaining a new Visa outside Australia, you must get a new ETA before travelling to Australia.
When travelling with your family members, they must have their ETA, including all minors. If you qualify for the ETA, you must hold a passport of an ETA unified country. However, amid the pandemic, the ETAs are on a temporal suspension.
Ensure that you visit the Australian government website frequently and to get the latest updates on the same. The primary benefit of ETA is that you can visit Australia numerous times for 12 months.
What to keep In Mind about the Australia Visa
When you are on a trip to Australia for tourism or business purposes, the e-Visitor Visa is the best option. It is not expensive and takes less time when you apply. However, you must confirm that you meet all the requirements before applying online.
Your passport must be active for more than six months after arriving in Australia and must indicate your citizenship. Always ensure that you have your Australian passport on you every time you visit or walk around the country.
Applying for a visa on the internet is a quick and easy process. Fill in the online application form correctly, and pay for it. The processing takes place as soon as you make payments. When your visa’s approval turns out successful, download it, and proceed with your visit to Australia.
When you are planning for a trip to Australia, apply for your visa first, and upon its approval, you can go ahead and book the trip. It is essential to submit your application for your Australian Visa two weeks before your departure. Even if the applications have delays, you will be on the safe side.
It takes around five days to approve your Australian Visa. However, there is an option of quick delivery, which takes an hour. You can only use this option when you absolutely have to make an urgent trip.
Other than your application, you can make a visa application on behalf of someone else. However, you must get consent from the traveller first. With their permission, while at it, fill in the form while reading it on their behalf.
There are instances when your application may fail to go through. The rejection happens when the information on the application form is incorrect. If that happens, then you can submit a new one.
If you fall ill just before your travel and have to on medication during the trip, note that there are explicit medicines that you can’t take to Australia. Should you carry medicine with you, check with the authorities to confirm whether or not you will require a special license for your prescription.