Other than the world famous Bahrain Grand Prix, it is easy to overlook Bahrain as a holiday destination. However, it is rich in attractions and opportunities for a wonderful Gulf experience.
Day trips can take you through the desert to explore ancient castles and monuments, and night trips can give you a spectacular experience of the cities and towns when they come to life after sunset. Add the excellent beaches of this island nation, and you will have a wonderful time sunbathing, surfing or sailing in Bahrain. Read on to learn about the Bahrain visa.
|Requirement type||Mandatory for non-GCC nationals|
|Purpose of travel||Tourism or business|
|Valid||14 to 90 days|
|Entry/exit||Single or multiple (30 days per entry)|
|Processing time||Standard processing: 7 business days
Rush processing: 5 business days
Super rush processing: 3 business days
|Cost||Standard processing: USD 114
Rush processing: USD 144
Super rush processing: USD 179
|Application method||Online or consular|
|Payment method||Visa, Mastercard, American Express, PayPal|
What Is the Bahrain Visa?
The Bahrain visa or eVisa is an electronic document that automatically links to your passport. It is useable for tourism or business and allows single or multiple entries depending on how long you’d like to stay in Bahrain. While you can receive your Bahrain visa via email, it is best to print out a copy to present it when you check in for your departure flight.
Types Of Bahrain Visas
There are two main types of Bahrain visas. The single-entry tourist visa is ideal for a two-week stay within Bahrain. The multiple-entry Visitor Visa can be for business or tourism activities for 3 months in Bahrain, with each visit lasting no more than 30 days.
If you’d like to travel to Bahrain for longer than 3 months for professional activities, employment or relocation, you will need to visit the Bahrain Embassy in London for the right visa. A Bahrain embassy visa takes at least 2 weeks to process.
Requirements For a Bahrain Visa
UK travellers must meet the following requirements to get a Bahrain visa:
- Be outside of Bahrain at the time of application
- A passport with at least 6 months validity remaining
- A scanned image of your passport’s biographical page
- A copy of your arrival and a departure ticket
- Proof of accommodation in Bahrain, such as your hotel booking
- Proof of funds to cover your stay in Bahrain, such as a stamped bank statement under the traveller’s name
- A debit or credit card for the visa processing fee
- An active email address
Who Needs a Bahrain Visa?
All travellers who wish to visit Bahrain must apply for a visa, except for nationals of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), except for Qatar. UK citizens should obtain the online Bahrain eVisa before travel. Including minors over the age of 7.
Children under 7 years old can be part of a joint visa application under their parents’ passports to travel to Bahrain. You don’t require a Bahrain visa if your transit does not require you to leave the Bahrain airport.
How Long Does a Bahrain Visa Last?
The Bahrain visa is valid for 30 days after issue. Depending on the length of your stay in Bahrain, your visa can last between 14 and 90 days from arrival. For example, you can get an extension on your 2-week visa for another 2 weeks while in Bahrain.
The Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs (NPRA) in Manama, Bahrain, is the body that approves Visa extensions. Remember to indicate the duration and purpose of your visit to get the right validity when you apply for your Bahrain visa.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Bahrain Visa?
The Bahrain visa typically comes out within 7 business days after submitting your application. The online application for the Bahrain visa takes between 10 and 15 minutes to complete, where you will have to provide the following details:
- Your full name, gender, country and date of birth.
- Your job title.
- The purpose of your visit.
- Your email address and telephone number.
- Your passport number, issuing country and expiration date.
- Your travel itinerary.
How Much Does a Bahrain Visa Cost?
The price of a Bahrain visa is $114 for standard processing, which takes 7 business days. You can pay $144 to have your Bahrain visa in 5 business days or $179 in 3 business days for faster processing. Bahrain visa fees are payable through Mastercard, Visa and American Express.
- The online Bahrain visa is only applicable for travellers who arrive by air through Bahrain International Airport. If you intend to arrive through other entry points in Bahrain, you will need a traditional embassy visa.
- If proof of funds is a requirement for your Bahrain visa application, the minimum account balance acceptable is $800.
- Keep in mind that weekends in Bahrain are Fridays and Saturdays. This may affect processing time if you submit your Bahrain visa application on a Thursday or Friday.
- Apply for your Bahrain eVisa at least 5 business days before your planned travel date.
- The peak tourism period in Bahrain is between December and March. Therefore, if your travel date is within these months, apply for your Bahrain visa at least 6 weeks before your travel date.
- Travellers who would like to attend the Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix can apply online for the special F1 visa that allows multiple entries and exits for the two weeks of the event. The Bahrain F1 visa is free of charge, and all you need is your Grand Prix tickets as proof of your visit.
- UK travellers are exempt from quarantine on arrival in Bahrain. However, they must present either a negative PCR test administered within 48 hours of departure or proof of a full Covid-19 vaccination or recovery. Your PCR test results must have a QR code for scanning on arrival.
- Unvaccinated UK citizens, or those who have taken a single dose Covid-19 vaccine, must also undergo two more PCR tests, one upon arrival and another on the 10th day of your stay in Bahrain.
- Only children under 6 years old enjoy exemptions from the mandatory PCR tests in Bahrain.
- As a traveller, you pay the PCR tests on arrival to Bahrain. Both tests cost BHD 24, which is about $64.
- For Covid-19 monitoring purposes, all travellers to Bahrain must use the BeAware Bahrain app to deliver their covid test results.
- Travellers who have been in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Bangladesh within 14 days of their trip to Bahrain will not gain entry. This is because these five countries are on Bahrain’s red list of high Covid-19 infection rates.
- If your online Bahrain visa application is denied, contact the Bahrain Embassy or the nearest Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs (NPRA) office for assistance.
Get Your Bahrain Visa Today
Bahrain is a treasure to discover for travellers around the world. If you like the sound of the day and night tours, endless beaches, a world of history and excellent cuisine to discover, plan your Bahrain holiday for the whole family. Click here to apply for your Bahrain visa today.