Cambodia presents endless opportunities for solo and family travellers to explore. You can enjoy luxurious beach holidays in exclusive villas or walk off the beaten path and venture into villages, jungles and rivers in Cambodia. If you prefer an active holiday, zip-lining, kayaking and hiking will keep you fully engaged during your Cambodia holiday any time of the year.
The following is all you need to know about getting a Cambodia visa.
|Requirement type||Mandatory for all travellers|
|Purpose of travel||Tourism|
|Valid||90 days from issue; 30 days from arrival|
|Processing time||Standard processing: 1 week
Urgent processing: 24 hours
|Application method||Online or at the Cambodia Embassy in London|
|Payment method||Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal|
What Is a Cambodia Visa?
A Cambodia visa is an electronic document that permits tourists to enter the country for short visits. You will receive the Cambodia visa via email for you to print before you travel. Keep two copies of your visa, one to hand over to the immigration authorities and one to keep during your stay.
Any other activities such as study and work require a traditional Cambodia Embassy visa. Unfortunately, at the time of writing this article (June 2021), online Cambodia visas are under suspension due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Types Of Cambodia Visas
There are two main types of visas for UK travellers to Cambodia. The most popular is the tourist eVisa. Acquiring one involves an online application and delivery electronically. Unfortunately, the Cambodia visa on arrival is no longer available due to Covid-19 restrictions.
The immigration office might reinstate this type of visa, but British nationals should choose the online tourist eVisa for their convenience. Travellers who would like to stay in Cambodia for more than a month should apply for an embassy visa instead.
Requirements For a Cambodia Visa
When applying for the Cambodia visa, UK travellers must have the following:
- A passport with at least 6 months validity remaining
- A recent digital passport photograph
- A scanned copy of the passport
- An active email address
- A debit or credit card to pay the visa fees
Your passport photograph must meet the following requirements:
- Dimensions of between 400×600 px and 800×1200 px
- Maximum file size of 1 MB
- File format of PNG, BMP or JPEG
- Images in either colour or black and white
- Plain white or off-white background
- Clearly lit face and shoulders
- No jewellery, hats, large hairpieces, sunglasses or hair that may cover the face
- Natural facial expression with no teeth showing
Who Needs a Cambodia Visa?
All UK citizens need a Cambodia visa regardless of age. If you are planning a family holiday, minors also need to have their visa. The online Cambodia visa allows entry through specific airports and land borders, which are:
- Phnom Penh International Airport (PNH)
- Siem Reap International Airport (REP)
- Sihanoukville International Airport (KOS)
- Cham Yeam land border with Thailand
- Poipet land border with Thailand
- Bavet land border with Vietnam
- Tropaeng Kreal land border with Laos
At this time, all land borders with Cambodia are inaccessible due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and restrictions are still changing between the bordering nations.
How Long Does a Cambodia Visa Last?
A Cambodia visa is valid for 90 days after issue and allows a maximum stay of 30 days. It also allows only one entry and exit in Cambodia, so if you plan to cross borders more than once, you will have to apply for a fresh Cambodia eVisa.
If you apply for your visa more than 30 days before your arrival date, the immigration office will put your application on hold. They will only approve it exactly 30 days before your arrival date, so keep this in mind as you plan your Cambodia holiday.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Cambodia Visa?
On average, the Cambodia visa takes 1 week to process, or 24 hours for rush processing at an extra fee. The online application takes about 5 to 10 minutes to complete. You only need to enter your full name, gender, date and country of birth, passport details, intended arrival date, and then upload your scanned passport and photograph.
How Much Does a Cambodia Visa Cost?
The Cambodia visa costs £59.95 per person, including children if you are planning a family holiday. However, if you would like your Cambodia visa in 24 hours, you can pay an extra £17.50 for rush processing. You can pay for your Cambodia visa using Mastercard, Visa, American Express or PayPal.
- At this time (June 2021), you can only travel to Cambodia using an embassy visa. Therefore, all visa exemptions, visa on arrival and eVisa arrangements are still under suspension.
- All travellers need a medical certificate showing a negative Covid-19 result. Additionally, UK travellers must get a private test signed and stamped by a competent health authority no more than 72 hours before departure.
- All travellers to Cambodia must also have a minimum of USD 50,000 in insurance for medical cover or purchase a USD 90 health insurance package from Forte Insurance Company.
- There is a mandatory Covid-19 PCR test on arrival for all travellers in Cambodia, and you must remain in your hotel or a government facility until the test results are available. This usually means an overnight stay, which may affect your itinerary.
- There is also a mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Cambodia. Ideally, stay in quarantine at a hotel at your own expense, rather than a government facility that may lack adequate resources.
- A second round of PCR testing must take place on after 13 days of quarantine at a facility at a designated facility in Phnom Penh. This could be the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital or the Chak Angre Clinic.
- The traveller pays any costs incurred for PCR tests and accommodation on arrival in Cambodia. You must deposit USD 2,000 upon arrival in Cambodia for Covid-19 related services, which are:
- $5 for transport from the airport to the waiting centre.
- $100 for one PCR test.
- $30 for an overnight stay at a hotel or government centre to await your results.
- $30 for 3 meals a day while you wait for the results.
- $100 for another PCR test to travel out of Cambodia.
- $30 for the negative Covid-19 certificate.
- If any passenger on your flight tests positive for Covid-19, all passengers on that flight face a mandatory 14-day quarantine.
Additional costs include:
- $84 per day for quarantine in a hotel or government facility, which caters for food, laundry, sanitation, doctors and security.
- $100 for PCR tests for each positive Covid-19 patient; a maximum of four tests will take place under quarantine.
- $225 a day for the positive Covid-19 patient for a hospital room, medical treatment, meals, laundry and sanitation services.
- In case of death, $1,500 is the cremation fee you have to pay.
- Travellers who would like to extend their visa in Cambodia must register with the Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS). Your host, such as the landlord or hotel owner of your accommodation, should register you into the system using the free FPCS app. Confirm your registration with your host to avoid fines.
Plan Your Cambodia Holiday Today
Despite the strict Covid-19 regulations, UK travellers can still plan to travel to Cambodia as soon as restrictions are lifted. Cambodia is an unmissable destination for pure luxury holidays and bespoke tours to meet every budget. Visit this site to stay updated on the Cambodia visa today.